Home / Obtaining permanent residence in Bulgaria for children of Bulgarians or foreigners


Minor children of Bulgarian citizens or foreigners with permanent residence in Bulgaria have the right to obtain permanent residence in the country. This is stated in Article 25, para 1, sub- para 3 of the Bulgarian law on Foreigners.
Получение ПМЖ в Болгарии детьми болгар или иностранцев


What do you need to get permanent residence? If the child is already legally in Bulgaria, he does not need to travel outside the country. If he lives in another state, then he must come to Bulgaria on a Visa D. To obtain it, you need the same documents as for permanent residence, in addition, you need only to have health insurance policy.

The term for processing documents is 2 months. This means that you need to submit documents no later than 2 months before the expiration of the legal stay of the child in Bulgaria. The applicant (his parents) is informed about the decision made by letter. This document must be kept - it will be required for the child to obtain a single civil number and a permanent address in the Community at the place of residence. After obtaining a permit, you need to pay the fee, which is 1000 levs. The production of a plastic permit card is additionally paid - 45 levs with a production time of 30 days. Important: foreigners who received Bulgarian permanent residence before the age of majority can apply for Bulgarian citizenship "by naturalization" as early as 3 years after permanent residence in the country (and not after 5, like everyone else), but only after they reach 18 years of age.
Already in Bulgaria, the parents (or one of them) must come with the minor to the regional office of the migration service at the place of residence, fill out an application, pay a fee of 10 levs for its processing and attach the following documents:
  • A child's valid passport (validity must end no earlier than 3 months from the date of submission of documents), to which copies of spreads with personal data and a stamp on the last entry into the country are attached;
  • Birth certificate (translated and legalized) and its copy;
  • Declaration of the parent / parents that the child will be provided with housing and subsistence in Bulgaria. Any notary has a sample of such a document, it is called "Financial and shelter support Declaration".
Migration officials attach to this package a certificate stating that one or two parents of a minor are entitled to permanent residence in Bulgaria. Minors should not provide a certificate of no criminal record.


Order a free consultation.
We will be happy to help you.

+359 89 876 60 05
City number in Bulgaria
Write to the mail:
[email protected]
and get an answer within a business day
In messengers:
we speak your language
We are in social networks:
we speak your language